Thursday, 29 October 2015

Music Gig Look-Back: Mr Bungle @ Rock City - September, 2000 (October 2015)


It was a Saturday night!! It was September, 2000 and I was off out with my mate: John "Ironfoot" Willis (Doomsday Outlaw) to see another gig @ Nottingham Rock City! I had to admit, that Mr Bungle wasn't "Ironfoot"s thing, but that past summer we both went to see Fantomas (featuring drummer Dave Lombardo and lead singer Mike Patton) at the same venue.

If I recall, there was no support band and Mr Bungle had played the night before in London. Little did we know that this would have been Bungle's last ever gig to date!! Mike (Patton) - the singer - would wind up security guards standing at the front of the stage and Trevor Dunn, the bassist was dressed up like it was Halloween (fitting for this time of year!).

It was the California tour from the 1999 cd. I even remember, before the gig and queuing up, Patton walked passed the entrance to go into Nottingham - I didn't want to lose my place, but it would have been so cool to go and meet the guy and get something signed!! Maybe one day...

It was a cool gig! It left bystanders confused and probably dazed, just the way I like it. What a great night! Mr Bungle rules!! It satisfies different musical genre tastes as a fan.

Mr Bungle - Bizarre, fun and damn cool!!

SETLIST:

Metti una sera a cena
(Ennio Morricone cover)

The Air-Conditioned Nightmare

Violenza Domestica

None of Them Knew They Were Robots

Sweet Charity

Goodbye Sober Day

Begin the Beguine
(Cole Porter cover)

Travolta

My Ass Is on Fire

Pink Cigarette

24.000 baci
(Adriano Celentano cover)

Ma Meeshka Mow Skwoz

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
(Van Halen cover)

I Feel for You
(Prince cover)

Ars Moriendi


Mike from MTV banned "Travolta" Music Video!!

No comments:

Post a Comment