Wednesday, 30 December 2015

Review: Mystics in Bali (1981) (December 2015)

Mystics in Bali (1981) - Weird, Gross, yet entertaining Indonesian Horror.
A few weeks ago, I was at Merlyn Robert's World Wide Weird screening of Mystics in Bali (1981). The film was new to me, but it was an experience! MIB is an Indonesian Horror flick from the very early 80's. The film is also known as Leak and it centres around a young village couple where the female lover of the two wants to get into Black Magic! The boyfriend introduces her to an evil witch in the woods who gives her more than she bargains for!!

It is a bizarre film with plenty of special effects and twisted, weird horror to keep the audience going for 90 minutes! I don't really want to give too much away as I watched this film not knowing what to expect, myself. My video review below will give more details, though.

I would recommend this film to the open-minded horror fan!! It is creative in it's weirdness and if you like old fashioned good vs evil-type films, then I would say to try Mystics in Bali (1981) - Cinemassacre had all ready reviewed this film as part of a camp/cult horror season for Monster Madness a few years back, too. The film version I saw was English-dubbed! For more details on World Wide Weird - See, HERE.



No comments:

Post a Comment