Friday, 12 February 2016

Interview: Wendy Rose (Actress, Model, Singer, Poet) (February 2016)

Wendy Rose - Actress, Writer, Poet and Assistant Director!
Miss Wendy Rose is a busy woman in Horror and Film on the Indie Film scene. She is an actess, model, singer and writer. Her credits include Emma Dark's Seize the Night and holds issues close to her heart and you will read in this Interview with the lovely lady. Please check out her Facebook - HERE.

What was your role on Seize the Night?
I was set production assistant.

What else can you tell us about your filming projects and plans?
I was 1st AD and also played a character called DC Beth Miller. AJ Sigh is finishing the prep work on a project that I will most probably be crewing. I have a couple of acting projects in the pipeline, just waiting for confirmation on those.

Tell me about your Writing, Poetry and Singing talents?
I've recently discovered journaling, it's a fantastic tool for self awareness, and taking responsibility of your life and what you want to achieve. From this I have been much more creative, writing stories and poetry. I'm planning on making mini films to accompany the poetry. In my early 20s I was going through classical vocal training. Unfortunately I completely stopped singing about 7-8 years ago, but I have recently joined a local rock choir to ease myself back into it.

On personal note, you are recovering from ME/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome? What has helped you through this condition?
Because I had it for 10 years as a child, I knew what was happening right away this time around, and had an idea of how to deal with it. What helped me personally was to reduce stress on both my body and mind. Change eating habits, I gave up sugar and processed foods, anything that wasn't good for the body. As about 80% of your immune system is in the gut, it seemed to make sense.

For me, learning about filming,and opening up creatively kind of gave me a break from my reality by shifting my focus. Also just being around creative positive people gave me so much support. I wouldn't say I am back to how I was before I was sick. I still have moments when I feel exhausted, or can't climb stairs etc. This is of little worry when I look at how far I have come.
I'm grateful to have a good quality of life back.

Any advice for other ME sufferers out there?
Accept where you are, be kind and gentle to yourself, and pace yourself. If you need a sulk day, then allow yourself to have one, then get up and fight the next day. Fill yourself with knowledge, learn about nutrition, what the immune and nervous systems actually do, meditation etc; anything, you will feel you have some control back. Reach out to other sufferers and groups, CFS Health on Facebook really got me through some tough times. Take each moment, each breath and each day at a time, it is those little things that will get you through. You can get through it.

No comments:

Post a Comment