Saturday, 30 April 2016

Interview: Stacey Gough (Actor) (April 2016)

Actor: Stacey Gough who plays "G" in Vengeance.
Tell me on about on how you got into acting?
I started taking acting seriously when I qualified for the National youth theatre of Great Britain. Many thousands auditioned. They picked 20 of us. Let's just say the acting bug certainly got a hold of me. I started to get quite a lot of paid work. TV, theatre & film. Then my Son came along & I had to be realistic. I quit acting at 30 and for 15 years there hasn't been a day go bye when I didn't feel like my stomach was in knots. Two years ago my family gave me the thumbs up to get my career back on track. I haven't looked back since. I now have a fantastic agent & a very special manager in LA.

You play "G" in Tom Wadlow's Vengeance film, tell me a bit about the film and character?
The character of G in Vengeance is a wise old bird. He's very loyal to his Boss, very straight and very understanding. Cross him and he becomes a totally different bloke. Best advice...stay on the right side of G......or else !!!

How was your trip to LA?
Wow....my trip to LA was possibly the most inspiring & emotional time of my life. I was given the opportunity to meet and work with some of the top Directors, producers, casting directors, agents and managers in LA. I was fortunate to sign with an amazing management team that have already started introducing me to some incredible people. I fly back out for 2 months at the beginning of October.

You have also worked with a popular, Nottingham actress: Cara Middleton, how do you know each other?
Cara Middleton, what can I say? Cara and myself trained together at David Johnson Drama in Manchester. We very quickly built a solid working relationship & became very close friends.
We have traveled all over the country attending different workshops. We have also been cast in the same projects many times. Our trip to LA was the icing on the cake. She is an incredible actress, very talented & very grounded. I love her to bits and I'm proud to call her my friend.

What are your future roles in film or on TV?
I'm quite fortunate that I have a busy schedule. There is work that continues very shortly on the award winning series CHANCERS. I have a leading role in Soldiers Of Embers. A really gritty feature film, released later this year. I start work on 2 festival shorts in the next couple of weeks & continue to tour with A TALE AS OLD AS TIME...

No comments:

Post a Comment