Saturday, 8 October 2016

Review: Vampires: Brighter in Darkness (2015) - by Jason Davitt (Director) (October 2016)

Vampires: Brighter in Darkness (Directed by Jason Davitt)
Jason Davitt was introduced to myself through a friend and was told that he did his own film and sequel. The film is Vampires: Brighter in Darkness which could be seen in the Twilight-esq-region. However, I would say that it's more for adults and I thought the low budget gave this a charm. Yes, even the director told me that VBID was conceived very cheaply, but it works. It was originally a TV series on Sky TV. The budget might put others off, but I want to stress that, that doesn't really matter too much. It's interesting to see what is going on in the underbelly of non-mainstream cinema!

Synopsis: "What happens when a seemingly innocent blind date turns out to be with a 1500 years old Vampire! A tale of Hunger, Lust, Desire, Love and the Supernatural!"

It's a LGBT-themed horror fantasy, I'm not going to lie. I could see it's target market. The performances and acting wasn't bad. Some were sad at the CGI effects, but that doesn't matter too much. I enjoyed Rebecca Eastwood's role as Charlotte Brighter - a true Vamp, indeed. She really stands out! The locations seemed exotic and compliment the story all around with true gothic visuals. I could see this as a cult favorite. A Ghoulish, Vampire foot forward.

Followed by: Lucas Rising (2016). It seems to be gathering steam for a full-fledged film series. Good Luck, Mr Davitt. Please, check out the website. You can watch it officially on Region 2 dvd, Itunes and Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment